The effects of low level laser therapy are cold not thermal, thus photochemical processes are effected. Hot lasers in the medical world are used for surgical precision while cold lasers are used for healing precision. During treatment of the tissue with the laser beam, an interaction between cells and photons takes place, thus a photochemical reaction. Photons from the laser affect the tissue at the cellular level.
The cold laser enters the tissue, alters cell membrane permeability, and at the cellular level is absorbed in the mitochondria of the cell creating physiological changes such as:
- Rapid cell growth. The laser accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster wound healing. The laser stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. The reduction in recovery time is an important consideration.
- Increased metabolic activity. Helps the body increase output of specific enzymes, greater oxygen to blood cells and more effective immune response are induced by laser.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation. The laser reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action. The laser reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular activity. The laser stimulates lymph and blood circulation, to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation.
- Stimulated nerve function. Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. Laser will speed the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life. Laser also increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
These physiological changes affect macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells, bradykinin, nerve conduction rates and the energy communication pathways throughout the fascial network (liquid crystalline living matrix). The energy transferred to the cell can increase its kinetic energy, and activate or deactivate enzymes or alter physical or chemical properties of main macromolecules. The mitochondria are the "Powerhouse" of the cells and make ATP which is needed for the life enhancement process of every cell.
Research has shown that the cells of your body actually communicate with each other through coherent light, thus, the reason the Erchonia Laser has such a positive effect on the body. With the Erchonia Medical laser there are specific pulsations, known as hertz, that can be programmed with the laser frequency allowing the practitioner to talk "cell talk" with the body.
Specific pulsations have been shown to create different physiological responses of the cell. This is extremely important when working with a variety of injury and disease conditions to promote healing. When a tissue becomes diseased or injured, the metabolism of the cell is decreased, the laser creates an increase in metabolism and cell communication immediately.
The common response from doctors and patients, when this safe and effective modality is applied, is WOW!